NBA 2K23 Drop Stepper Badge: Effectiveness, Testing, Tips for Post Scorers
Welcome to the guide on the NBA 2K23 Dropstepper badge for post scorers. Unlike the Bully badge, This badge allows for more success when attempting post-drop and hop steps and protecting the ball better while performing these moves in the post. In this guide, we'll look at how effective the badge is against players with different strengths and provide some tips for maximizing its effectiveness.
- What is the Dropstepper Badge?
- Test 1: Same Strength for Offensive and Defensive Players
- Test 2: Offensive Player Has 40 Strength Advantage
- Test 3: Defensive Player Has 40 Strength Advantage
- How to Use the Dropstepper Badge Effectively?
- Final Thoughts
What is the Dropstepper Badge?
The Dropstepper badge is a finishing badge that allows players to succeed more when performing post-drop and hop steps and better protect the ball while executing these moves in the post. This badge is especially useful for big men looking to dominate in the post and score easy baskets around the rim.
Testing the Effectiveness of the Dropstepper Badge
NBA 2K Lab conducted a manual test to understand the Dropstepper badge's effectiveness. They took 3,000 total attempts to get their results and tested the badge against players with different strengths. Here are the results:
Test 1: Same Strength for Offensive and Defensive Players
In this test, the offensive and defensive players had the same strength, but the offensive player had an 87 post control, the Hall of Fame Dropstepper threshold. The defensive player had 80 interiors and 93 blocks. NBA 2K Lab tested each badge level and no badge and recorded how often they got a favourable drop step animation that led to an open shot.
The results showed that the Dropstepper badge greatly boosts the chance of a favourable animation by almost 25% when comparing the Hall of Fame to no badge. Silver sees a slight bump from bronze, but the golden Hall of Fame levels were very effective in their testing. Therefore, if you like to drop step and want to be effective with that particular move, they recommend equipping gold at a minimum.
Test 2: Offensive Player Has 40 Strength Advantage
In this test, the offensive player had a 40-strength advantage. The results showed that drop stepping becomes much more effective when you have more strength in your matchup, and the numbers proved this energy between the two.
Test 3: Defensive Player Has 40 Strength Advantage
In this test, the defender had a 40-strength advantage. The chance of a successful drop step decreased significantly against the defender with much more strength. In the same way, that strength can improve the effectiveness on the offensive end, and strength can also improve your defence against these moves, especially coupled with post-lockdown or the anchor badge.
How to Use the Dropstepper Badge Effectively?
Equipping the Dropstepper badge at the gold level or higher would be best to get the most out. This will give you the best chance of executing a successful drop-step animation that leads to an open shot. Additionally, pairing the badge with some strength and a solid close shot or standing dunk rating is essential to see the best results.
The Dropstepper badge is a valuable finishing badge for post scorers. Using it effectively lets you dominate in the post and score easy baskets around the rim. To get the most out of this badge, equip it at the gold level or higher, pair it with some strength, and have a solid close shot or standing dunk rating. With these tips in mind, you'll be well on your way to dominating in the post and becoming a force reckoned with on the court.
- Why Players Are Unhappy with NBA 2K23's Virtual Currency System
- NBA 2K23 Tutorial: How to master dribbling animations, controller sets and combos?
- How to Master Dribble Styles, Size-Ups, Crossovers, and Step-Backs in NBA 2K23?
- NBA 2K23: Top 5 Shooting and Playmaking Badges
- Discover the Best Custom JumpShot for Your Height Range | NBA 2K23 Season 5
- Witness the Best Dunk Styles in NBA 2K23 | Season 5
- What do you think of the 7th roster update in NBA 2K23?
- Tips for sniping hot cards in NBA 2K23 Marketplace
- How to Get Tons of Hall of Fame Badges in NBA 2K23 MyTEAM for Season 5?
- How to Perform an Isolation Offensive Move in NBA 2K23?